Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Original Composition

Original Composition

4/9/14




When we think of a composition we automatically veer towards the music industry.  And while this would be a safe assumption we must take into consideration that most objects that we recognize are made up of many elements with themselves form a composite.  Our bodies are one giant compound of organic material that needs many different types of molecules all working together in order to complete the necessary tasks that we require to live each day.  It is fascinating to me to study the human body and to try and understand all of its coordinated functions that readily depend upon each other for survival.  If only we could have this same realization about our Creator, all of our problems would simply fade away.

Most of you know that I love history.  Many of my articles have dealt with history and how mankind has fumbled, kicked, muddled and raced through history.  While mankind tries to perfect their individual lives we tend to prove that life sometimes represents a four letter word and not the desired diamond that we so wish to create.  Many of us throw our wishes to the wind and give up on becoming something great within society while we look at others with absolute jealousy and loathe their every success.  How as individuals does other people’s successes define us, or should that process even be a part of our thinking?  We need to keep in our forethoughts that each person is created for a specific purpose and each purpose has its own design which will provide the world with another portion of the great solution of why we were created.

Ever since I was a little boy I have been involved in music.  I have played instruments all of my life and I have listened to almost every genre of music that has been written.  How music strikes my ears and then infiltrates my soul and spirit I might never understand completely, but all I can say is that there is no other greater physical feeling than I can receive than when I hear some type of music that I enjoy being played.  Classical music is my favorite genre and I listen to it almost every day.  If you ask my parents, wife or children all of them will say that my entire demeanor changes when I am listening to this style of music.

Has anyone ever asked you this question?  If you were able to complete the one thing that you have always desired to do in your life, and you had every resource available to you, what would that one thing be?  The answers to this question would surely vary so widely that it would be difficult to group them all together, but this point alone demonstrates how individualistic we humans are and how great it is to be unique in this manner.  I too have an answer for this question and I have always stuck to this answer and I really do not believe that my answer will ever change, especially since I am kind of fulfilling what I have always wanted to do.

My answer to this question would be to complete a four movement symphony.  As I stated above classical music has meant so much to my life and its presence in my life has helped pull me through some difficult times.  I do not know what I would do if the availability of music was taken from my world, but I trust that as much of it that I have listened to over my four decades of life that I could recite some of these works from memory if needed.  While my love for music grows each day, composing a musical work is still way beyond my comprehension.  The people who lead, direct and compose music utterly amaze me since it is those people who truly lead and organize others together to produce a wonderful sound together.

I have no idea if I will ever have the time or ability to complete my dream of a musical composition, but in another way God is allowing me to fulfill my dream and that is through writing.  While my articles are not musical in the physical sorts, they are a composition that fulfills a destiny that God had in store for my life.  If someone would have asked my five years ago if I would be continually producing articles for others, I would have laughed in their face and then would have followed up with my dream of writing music and how that dream would be more readily acceptable in my head.  Up until a few days ago I did not make any connection to these examples and how they accurately fulfill my dream of composing.

Writing a book, article, short story, manuscript, etc is very similar to composing music.  All of these examples have to accurately coordinate so that the reader understands exactly what the composer is trying to convey.  While my writing is not considered to be of a professional caliber, it does get its point across to someone out there and that is exactly why I write.  I so not ever know what will ever become of my writings nor will I probably ever understand to what effect it may have on an individual, but I do know that God shows me things to write, whether it is on a personal level or a general one, and I complete what He shows me, for I know He directs my words in such a manner that will appeal to someone that needs them.

Writing has become my musical composition and it is an instrument to which God uses through me to speak His words to others.  I have watched many performers use beat up and old instruments and when they are played produce the most elegant sound to any ear that is around.  I trust that the words that I use in these writings produce that same sweet and inspiring tune so that God can use them in a person’s life.  While my writings are not in musical notes they are my composition and a fulfillment of my life long desire to compose and I just pray that by the time I reach the age of 80 years old, that I will have completed the first chord of the first movement of my four part symphony.

I do not believe that I would have ever understood what God wanted me to do with my life if I had not been listening for the truth.  I look at many lives each day and I notice how much pain they are in without even speaking a word to them.  I have been witness to so much heartache and death over my tenure in the medical field that if I had the capability to remember every detail of these people’s lives I could write continually nonstop until the day I take my last breath.  I often wonder if any of these people know God and what their life means to Him and to the overall plan that He has for them.  I also ponder the thought of how everyone else’s life would be different if that one person who is feeling miserable all of the time understood that he / she had a specific purpose for the world, instead of being lied to an believing that they were just put here to occupy space.

In such an unsettling time in our world, it is so vital that every one of us understand that our lives have a specific meaning and it is our duty to find this true meaning.  The world cannot afford to have wandering souls trolling up and down the streets gazing out at the thin air and sucking in uninhabitable standards for themselves.  How can we face reality when we are accepting this type of activity in our lives?  How can we function if all we wish to do is to deter reality for a few hours or so; then a few more hours, and so forth?  What kind of composition is this and what will be the end result of this work effort?  I do not believe that it is difficult to contemplate this outcome.  This destroys the very essence of our lives and annihilates the uniqueness that we have within our lives.

I understand how easy it is to lose oneself in our selfish wants instead of focusing upon the specifics of our individuality.  But these specifics are the items that define us and serve as the foundation of our gifts to the world.  With everything that is occurring in the world today I can easily understand why it would be less difficult to hide the truth and fill our rooms with the ambiance of peace, tranquility and love.  But this type of state does not fulfill our true destiny and the reason why we were created; it only serves our feelings and toots our own horns instead of fine tuning our instruments for the conductor.  I challenge you to stop polishing your bells and look up to what the conductor has for you to play.  It will take some practice but I guarantee that the end result will be a true witness to a dying world.

I hated to practice my piano lessons.  There was nothing about my practice sessions that I enjoyed.  It took time away from me playing outside, playing in organized sports or spending time with my friends.  However, the only thing that it did keep me from doing was my actual homework but I could not count this as too much joy for I did not like the alternative too much.  Not many people like to spend the added time practicing what they already believe to know, yet when one does practice they sharpen their skills and become a better student and player all at the same time.  This is exactly what we need to do with our lives and the only way that we can effectively find out what our composition to the world is, is to listen to our conductor.  How many years do we waste listening to our enemy and his goons in order to deter our true calling in life, this is a huge issue that we need to recognize and then realize so that we can begin to fulfill our own purposes.

I have been involved in the medical field for almost 30 years of my life and I have enjoyed each and every one of them.  I have been in Delta, Colorado for almost 22 years now and have been working the laboratory for all of this time.  I have served in many capacities during my tenure including the evening shift, day shift, Oncology and even serving as the Phlebotomy Supervisor for three years.  I would not trade anything for my experience at this facility and I am so proud to have been associated with this organization for as long as I have been here.

During my time as Phlebotomy Supervisor I had many duties that I was responsible for, and one of my specific responsibilities included all of the creation, maintaining and updating of policies.  When I took over that position there were very few official policies in place and many of the ones that were needed had to be written.  I had no idea at that time that this step in my life was actually a training mission that God had for me.  Up until this point I had no desire to write anything or write about anything but in this position I was forced to write things. These policies had to be factual, correct and specific yet at the same time they required my workers to understand everything that was involved with these policies.  My workers had to understand each detail of the policies in order for them to adequately and correctly complete their job.  I had no idea that a few years after I took another position within the laboratory that God would use those writing skills that He no doubt developed through my Phlebotomy Supervisor position.

The most funny and ironic portion of my time as Phlebotomy Supervisor was that while I was creating and developing my writing skills for my profession, God was instilling me principles about His future for my life without me even knowing it.  And to be honest during my tenure in this post I was not really following God like I should have been, yet He was taking care of me and guiding me all at the same time.  I cannot argue this point even though at the time I had no idea of what was being developed within my life.  I do thank God for the opportunity that I had in that position and I now kind of understand the path that I took and not the path that I wanted.  For even though I was not following God in all categories of my life, I was still following the ultimate dream of my life and those separate entities within my life I clearly see now.

As our bodies need each element within to function in coordination with the other similar elements so do our lives with God.  We can spend a lifetime searching for what we want to do with ourselves and not even come close to an answer.  We must keep our hearts open to God and to His ways for our lives for it is the job of our enemy to make sure that we keep our focus upon ourselves instead of the truth.  All God asks of you is for you to seek His ways with an honest heart.  A person cannot find God if he / she does not ask with an honest heart.  Seeking God through human ways is an anomaly and God will show you quickly that His ways are not ours.  But it is at this realization that brings God closer to mankind and mankind closer to God.  Just as God created you as an individual person He will respond to you in an individual manner.

The only way that we will ever understand our true purpose in life is if we turn our hearts back to God.  In a world where people are asking questions about their lives every second of each day, it is astounding to think that the majority of them immediately reject God and His ways.  While it is hard for me to believe that people reject God’s truths, it is not hard for me to understand why those same people ignore God because of the idiotic standards and past crimes that people of God have committed.  I am appalled at the content of some churches today and the messages that they portray towards the world.  These actions only flame up more questions and burn a hardening ash within their spirits, further separating them from the One who has the capability to change their lives.

Each one of us was created as an individual and uniquely made in order to fulfill a divine purpose.  Our enemy will go as far as using God’s house and His name in order to destroy this purpose.  God and His Word are the only answer that can ensure that our purpose be fulfilled.  It is not the man or woman that stands behind the pulpit, nor is it a leader of a country.  God is that only person and it is He who has created the entire universe as we know it and it is He that has created you.  God will allow you to search in every corner of the world for your truth but guarantees you will not find your fulfillment until you turn back to Him.  God is the person who originally composed you and therefore is the only one who can show you to your perfect four part symphony.







DLB

No comments:

Post a Comment