Tuesday, August 27, 2013

God Is Patient

God Is Patient

8/27/13




Patience is a characteristic that many of us struggle with, and it is one that some of us do not have any compassion for either.  Patience is not a trait that the world advocates but demands that things transpire on an immediate basis.  There is a purpose for having patience in our lives and patience’s influx into our lives is vital for the good of mankind.  God created patience in our lives for a reason for He is patient with us and is willing to sit and wait until we wake up and are ready to make a difference in the world.

I use the example of myself when this topic comes up in conversations with my acquaintances and colleagues.  Patience is not one of my strong points and I understand that it is an essential portion of our being and that it needs to be developed at all costs.  However, the process of gaining, growing and sustaining patience is an enormous task for those of us who are not abundantly filled with this trait.  For a great deal of my life I basically had no patience with other people and I made no bones about this part of my life either; I really did not have to say anything about it since my actions towards others spoke loud enough to them anyway.

I often use the examples of my new life here in western Colorado as a funny explanation of how God is teaching me patience.  When I moved to the western portion of Colorado I admit that I had no patience with many things and most of the human race.  I did not dislike or hate anything or anyone but just had no patience with most things.  I realized that this was a part of me that I needed to work on but was not doing a great job of changing things on my own so I decided to ask God for some help in this area.  Now, always remember that when you ask God for something He will respond in a manner in which that you might not be suspecting and I call this the sense of humor that God has.

When I arrived in Colorado I found a wonderful place to work and fell in love with this organization so much so that after twenty years I am still currently working with them.  I decided to take some classes from the local college that was about an hour’s drive from the town that I lived in so I would have to leave early enough in the morning so that I would not be late, a common theme for anyone who has to commute for some activity.  However, the road that I was to travel on each day was an old two lane road and it was heavily travelled and sadly to say that many people had lost their lives on that road due to the one quality that I was struggling to find.

A few months into my travels and a huge sign appeared on the side of the road that said construction would begin on the highway and would last for a long period of time.  This meant that I was going to have to rise earlier than normal to get past the construction area before the workers arrived so that I could get past all of the delays.  One day after I woke up late I was sitting in line on the highway waiting for traffic to move again and it hit me that this a way that God was trying to show me patience and to accept the conditions that were before me and allow others to complete their lives while I pass by their own areas.  I thought that this was an unusual way of God doing something but accepted it and moved on down the road when the flagman gave the go ahead.

Being human there would be more days that brought me to be late on my journey and the position that I found myself stuck in was of a similar situation.  After a few times I found myself not being very patient with the delays that I was facing due to the road construction and I soon recognized that this process of patience was not working and I asked God to find another route of change within my life.  God allowed this continual delay tactic to occur for almost a year as each piece of the highway was completed and another section started.  As I stated in an above paragraph, God has a sense of humor and I was about to find out another aspect of patience.

After some time in Delta, I found a lady that would put up with my shortcomings and actually still want to be with me.  Almost a year and a half later we were married and another chapter in my patience life began.  With my first marriage and her past we began our life together with two beautiful daughters already a part of our family.  Over the next four years God blessed us with two more girls for a total of four.  Four girls along with a wife will change a male’s perception about life and where he stands amongst the female contingency of the family.  I am not saying that I regret having any of my girls, for I love them with every ounce of my being but God has used the life experiences of these four beauties to get me to realize that patience is really a blessing to have and that if God brings one set of examples into your life there is a reason behind it. 

See, if I would have learned about patience during the road construction period of my life then I would have already been ready for the trials that my girls presented to us then I would have been more apt to respond to these conditions more efficiently to their situations and would have probably avoided many of the petty arguments that come into light during this time.  This is where God’s sense of humor came back into play and this lesson was more intense than the road construction portion of His trying to answer my plea for help.

Each time that God has to “change” tactics He will intensify the situation that we have initially asked for, and in my opinion it is easier to accept the things of change in our lives sooner rather than later; whereas, if we listen to the lessons that we are going through the first time, and ten learn from tem things will be over quicker and our lives will benefit from the completeness sooner which means that we can return to our daily functions and fulfill our overall destiny of having dominion over the earth.

Let me use another example of how God gives us patience but this time I am going to place the story on His side of things instead of ours.  My wife and I recently watched a movie called “The Riddle” and it was about an old manuscript that Charles Dickens wrote that had never been published.  One of the main characters of the story found the manuscript and was trying to communicate to one of her trusted friends its whereabouts without allowing anyone else to locate it.  The lady was murdered a few days later and her friend began to investigate the circumstances of the murder and eventually became involved in a huge real estate conspiracy which positioned himself into getting beat up and if it was not for another person being on the beach at the time, probably killed over the information that he had uncovered.  The person had been warned by several people, including the police not to get involved with the scene and that his life would be in danger if he ignored this advice.  And as you guessed it he ignored the advice and ran with his own journalistic curiosity and pushed the wrong buttons until those buttons finally burst off the shirt.

The friend carried the person investigating the crime back to his cave underneath the pier and waited until he woke up from his beating.  The man placed the person on the bed that was in his cave and made sure that the unconscious man was in a comfortable place while his body recovered.  The man knew that the unconscious person would awake soon and wonder where he was at but until this event occurred the man patiently sat in a chair and waited for the other person to regain consciousness.  It did not take too long for this event to occur and the man woke up and had the natural reaction of wondering where he was at, especially since he did not immediately recognize where he was located.  As soon as the man recognized the other man in the room he asked him where he was at and the man returned the question with an obvious answer which was “you are in London.”

The man that was waiting for the other person to wake up patiently sat in a chair, across the room away, for the man to wake up.  He did not move or walk away from the place but he sat there watching the person until he woke up from his slumber.  The man could have left and not cared about what the other person might think when he awoke but he cared enough for the person to wait until the person’s own response warranted a response from the man waiting in the chair.

It has been established that man is the Church and that God is the head of this Church.  Yet man has purposefully ignored the advice and steering of God and has chosen to take on the conditions of the world unprepared.  Because we have rushed out and tried to complete things on our own without understanding the complexity of the scenery that is before us, we have fallen for many tricks of the world and its leader and it has caused us to become beat up in the process.  This beating up process has been so effective that we have returned from the world with our tails between our legs with the assuredness that the enemy would leave us alone if we sit back and take a sentimental and pity nap for a while.  Not only was this a lie to the Church but we accepted and believed this lie for so long that we are almost in a coma state of life.

It is at this point where God is sitting in His chair and watching us to see if there are any signs of movement that would indicate our willingness to get back into the Church’s functioning capacity to the dying world.  He will never use coercion tactics to get us to come alive once again nor will He force Himself on us in order to complete our mission.  It is strictly up to us to wake up and realize what has occurred, where we are currently located and what we need to do to return to the position that we need to be, in order to fulfill our destiny.  We humans were created for a purpose and it was not to join forces with God’s enemy and to allow his lies to control the movements of God’s Kingdom.

God’s patience with our laziness, self adhesion to the world, pride and general malaise is un-measurable and it should be known that His methods of patience far outweigh ours and in all honesty cannot be compared.  Many times we have demanded that God give us answers to our problems immediately.  Many times we humans have become angry with God for the events that take place in our lives and the situations that we are faced with but if one seriously looks at the overall picture, it is our fault that we have these problems to begin with and even though we ask for healing and understanding from God, His answers might not be available for our finite minds at that stage in our life.  So, God sits and waits until our recovery is far enough along for us to understand everything that transpired and then He can give us the answers that we need in order to continue on our journey.

However, we humans, as in my case, fail to get the true meaning of our situation that God sets before us and we must have a second round of situations so that we may understand the answers that have been provided.  The path of recovery for the Church and the mission that she has been given is steadily increasing because even though we are personally awake we are choosing to live within the drug induced state that the world has offered and that we the Church have graciously accepted.  The belief that the Church must align itself with the world has been one of the major side effects of this drug induced stupor and God cannot do anything but sit and wait for us to realize that we are being lied to while we infuse ourselves with the world’s policies

It is time for the Church to wake up enough to pull the plug on the world’s involvement within the confines of the Church’s heart for us to realize what has occurred to the Church, where the Church is presently located and in what condition she is in, and most importantly how we can once again focus upon the truth concerning the dying world and separate us from it so that we can honestly reach the world through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The only way we are going to achieve this action is for us to repent of our ways and completely separate ourselves from the dependency of the world.  The Church is you and the Church is made up of more than a billion people throughout the world, there cannot be any mistake that we have the means necessary to accomplish the mission that has been set before us and there is also no doubt that we are continuing to suck on the pipe that the world has offered us to feel accepted in this world.

It is obvious that God continues to sit back and to watch humanity try and figure things out on our own.  It will obviously become apparent that when things go south God will get the blame for things no matter what results occur.  Another obvious point will be that humans will continue to fail in acknowledging that God is in control of everything and His way is the best for our lives and painfully humanity will ignore the redemptive power of God’s love for us when it is so bluntly available to our lives.  So we choose to sit in the collective cave and scratch at our wounds and watch the world create more wounds upon us as if they had no other goal in life.  When will the Church wake up and realize her condition?  Time is running out and if we do not end our dependency on the world we will sit back and watch the leader of the world destroy billions of people and the Church together, and what kind of legacy would that bring to God’s chair?

It is an easy process to allow God to show us the answers that will grant us life abundantly once again.  When the Church makes the effort to say to God that we are tired of the worldly chains, then God will get up from His seat and begin the process of restoring us to our feet.  But that shall never happen until we are willing to rid ourselves of the ways of the world.  As the story in the Garden of Eden God cannot dwell among purposeful and willful sin nor will He act upon those who do not wish to purify themselves through the blood of Jesus.  It is clear that we as humans cannot function as a holy figure and it is also known that the Church cannot function properly as she should when she allows the world to run interference with its spiritual bylaws.  But when the Church turns herself back over to God and allows herself to be purified once again the anointing of God, not of man’s goals, will fall upon her and she may become the bride that God intends for His Son.  So if you want to see God move, then we must act accordingly.  If we do not wish God to move then humanity will act accordingly and which scenario would you rather see unfold?






DLB


No comments:

Post a Comment